Monday, March 22, 2010

The power of emotion.

We are in the beginning phases of getting ready to sell our home.
There are so many things on our "to do" list and it seems to be growing by the minute.
We find ourselves "discussing" what projects are top priorities and which ones should be at the bottom of the list. I have discovered yet another difference between male and female during all of these "discussions".
My husband is very smart, analytical, my walking calculator...I am creative, emotional, visual...quite a pair of opposites, but you know what thay say about opposites...

With all of the persuasive skills I have, I have tried to move my projects to the top of the list.
Things that will evoke emotion in a woman...a lovely laundry room, a spacious organized closet, and inviting kitchen and on the list goes.
Launrdry room from Hamptondesigns.com

This is the basic layout of our laundry room now, and if we weren't planning on selling...well, I could see this being next on the list.
Image by Mark Lund form Real Simple

photo from easyclosets.com

This is image is the farthest thing from my closet, but it does make a girls mouth water...
image from Furniture online magazine

Image from Southern Living


I am in love with this kitchen - Image also from Southern Living

Jeremy on the other hand wants the house to be power-washed, grass to be green, and the price to be right...(I am not saying that is not important, just pointing out how different our priorities are during this time).


We have one of these right now, just waiting to be put to use....





So, I have concluded that in order to be successful in this adventure we are about to embark on, it takes two...we are both right all of these things matter and completing these will only help in the sale and showing of our little home. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment